- 2 pounds chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried, minced onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (8 3/4-oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (11-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan; set aside. Combine soy sauce, ginger, pepper, onion, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice and orange juice; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate one hour or overnight, turning once.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until tender. Uncover, and bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until golden and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Remove chicken from baking pan; keep warm on a platter.
- Skim off fat from pan drippings. In a medium saucepan, combine cornstarch and water with pan juices; heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in pineapple and oranges and warm through; pour over chicken. Serve with cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note