Polvorones (Pecan Shortbread)
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) pecans
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) confectioner's sugar
- 1. Combine pecans and ¼ cup sugar in food processor, and process until very finely ground, about 30 seconds. Add remaining sugar along with flour, cinnamon, and salt, and pulse until evenly incorporated. Add butter and vanilla, and process until dough just comes together and forms a ball. Transfer ball to lightly floured work surface, and form into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, place confectioners' sugar in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat oven to 350°. Transfer dough to work surface, and using a rolling pin, roll dough until ½" thick. Using a 1 ¼" round cutter, cut out cookies and transfer to parchment paper—lined baking sheets, spacing them 2" apart. Reroll dough scraps and cut out more cookies; transfer to the baking sheet. Chill cookies for 30 minutes. Bake, rotating baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking, until lightly browned and set, about 14 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, and then place in bowl of confectioners' sugar; toss to coat evenly in sugar and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraEFine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Polvorones (Pecan Shortbread) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes