Polpette di Melanzane: Eggplant ‘Meatballs’
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 large eggplants
- 200 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 large clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 cup(s) parsley, finely chopped
- Breadcrumbs to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise and place on a roasting pan. Drizzle them with a bit of olive oil so they don’t dry out.
- Pop them into the oven for around 20 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Scoop the flesh out and press down with a fork to get rid of the excess water. Place the eggplant into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process with a hand blender until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add breadcrumbs little by little until you can roll the mixture into small ‘meatballs’ with your hands.
- Pour enough oil into a pan for deep frying and set the heat on medium. Fry the meatballs until golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note