Pollo Mole Verde
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 467
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 38.8g
- Carbohydrate: 49.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 368mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 6 tablespoons shelled unsalted raw pumpkinseed kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tomatillos
- 1 small serrano chile, stem removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and root end intact
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat; add pumpkinseeds. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Place pumpkinseeds, salt, cumin, cinnamon, and black pepper in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground. Place spice mixture in a small bowl; stir in 1/2 cup broth. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat; add tomatillos, chile, garlic, and onion. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, turning frequently. Remove from heat; cool. Quarter tomatillos. Trim root from onion half; discard root.
- Place tomatillos, chile, garlic, and onion in a blender or food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Add 1/4 cup broth, cilantro, and lettuce; process until smooth.
- Prepare grill.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add pureed tomatillo mixture; reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in spice mixture and 1/4 cup broth; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup broth, stirring with a whisk. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Top chicken with mole. Serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This