Pollo Mole Verde
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 467
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 38.8g
- Carbohydrate: 49.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 368mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 6 tablespoons shelled unsalted raw pumpkinseed kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tomatillos
- 1 small serrano chile, stem removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and root end intact
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat; add pumpkinseeds. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Place pumpkinseeds, salt, cumin, cinnamon, and black pepper in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground. Place spice mixture in a small bowl; stir in 1/2 cup broth. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat; add tomatillos, chile, garlic, and onion. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, turning frequently. Remove from heat; cool. Quarter tomatillos. Trim root from onion half; discard root.
- Place tomatillos, chile, garlic, and onion in a blender or food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Add 1/4 cup broth, cilantro, and lettuce; process until smooth.
- Prepare grill.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add pureed tomatillo mixture; reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in spice mixture and 1/4 cup broth; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup broth, stirring with a whisk. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Top chicken with mole. Serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note