Wow, this was awesome. I did make one tiny change - I put a slice of avocado on top of the breasts before saucing them. My 9 year old cleaned...her...plate. Miraculous Next time, I'll double the sauce.
Pollo con Mojo de Ajo
The name of this recipe, translated from Spanish, is "Chicken with Garlic Sauce." A squeeze of lime juice brightens its flavor.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, about 2 tablespoons sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, and 1 lime wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 40.1g
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 361mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute (do not brown). Add broth; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in lime juice. Serve sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes