Polka Dot Cake
Impress your party guests with a wedge of fondant-covered cake covered in polka dots. We love this cake for baby showers or bridal parties. To get the best results, you’ll want to use a Wilton fondant smoother.
- Buttermilk Breakfast Cake
- 1 (16-ounce) container strawberry frosting
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
- 1 (24-ounce) package white rolled fondant (Wilton)
- 2 packages pastel-colored wafer candy (such as Neccos)
- Prepare Buttermilk Breakfast Cake according to recipe directions, omitting the brown sugar-cinnamon step and baking in 2 (9-inch) cake pans instead of a Bundt pan.
- Spread 1 cup strawberry frosting between layers. Spread white frosting in a thin layer (crumb coat) to top and sides of cake making sure surfaces are very smooth, filling in any wholes or gaps with frosting.
- Microwave fondant on HIGH in 30 second intervals until softened and pliable. Roll out on a smooth surface dusted lightly with cornstarch to ¼-inch thickness. Follow package directions for applying fondant to cake. Decorate cake with pastel colored wafer candy using small daps of white frosting to help secure candies to fondant.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note