Polenta with Vegetable Ragout
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 645
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 142g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sodium: 763mg
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- 2 zucchini (about 10 oz. total)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 5 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups instant polenta
- 2 cans (about 15 oz. each) cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1. Rinse zucchini; trim off and discard ends. Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch slices. Trim off and discard stem ends of mushrooms. Rinse mushrooms, drain, and cut into quarters. Cut onion crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- 2. In a 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan over high heat, frequently stir zucchini, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup broth until broth has evaporated and vegetables are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Add 1/2 cup more broth and stir to release browned bits. Stir in tomatoes and pour vegetables into a bowl; keep warm.
- 3. To pan, add remaining broth, polenta, and corn. Stir over high heat until boiling, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Spoon polenta into wide bowls. Top equally with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle cheese and green onions over portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This