- 2 zucchini (about 10 oz. total)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 5 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups instant polenta
- 2 cans (about 15 oz. each) cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- calories 645
- caloriesfromfat 5 %
- protein 18 g
- fat 3.5 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 142 g
- fiber 16 g
- sodium 763 mg
- cholesterol 2 mg
How to Make It
Rinse zucchini; trim off and discard ends. Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch slices. Trim off and discard stem ends of mushrooms. Rinse mushrooms, drain, and cut into quarters. Cut onion crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
In a 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan over high heat, frequently stir zucchini, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup broth until broth has evaporated and vegetables are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Add 1/2 cup more broth and stir to release browned bits. Stir in tomatoes and pour vegetables into a bowl; keep warm.
To pan, add remaining broth, polenta, and corn. Stir over high heat until boiling, 3 to 4 minutes.
Spoon polenta into wide bowls. Top equally with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle cheese and green onions over portions.