Polenta with Shrimp and Tomatoes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 191mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- 1 pound frozen medium shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 14.5-oz. cans Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup instant polenta or grits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt. Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté, stirring, until pink and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. In last minute of cooking, add garlic and red pepper and continue to sauté. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and juice to skillet and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until tomatoes are soft and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooking, bring 2 cups water, vegetable broth and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil in a medium-size saucepan. Slowly whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low and cook until polenta is thick and smooth, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in butter and Parmesan.
- Put polenta into bowls, spoon tomato sauce over polenta and top with shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note