Polenta with Shrimp and Tomatoes
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $3.26
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 191mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- 1 pound frozen medium shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 14.5-oz. cans Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup instant polenta or grits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt. Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté, stirring, until pink and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. In last minute of cooking, add garlic and red pepper and continue to sauté. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and juice to skillet and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until tomatoes are soft and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooking, bring 2 cups water, vegetable broth and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil in a medium-size saucepan. Slowly whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low and cook until polenta is thick and smooth, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in butter and Parmesan.
- Put polenta into bowls, spoon tomato sauce over polenta and top with shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes