Polenta with Pancetta and Sage
NOTES: Pancetta is available in many supermarkets and at Italian groceries. Garnish the polenta with sprigs of fresh sage or with fried sage leaves.
Yield: MAKES: About 4 1/2 cups; 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sodium: 97mg
- Cholesterol: 9.5mg
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta (3 oz.) or bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup polenta
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1. In a 2 1/2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir pancetta in olive oil until crisp and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer half the pancetta to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Add chopped sage to pan and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 5 cups water and bring to a boil.
- 3. Following steps 2 and 3 of basic polenta recipe, add polenta (omit salt in step 2) and cook until tender to bite. Add salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste (omit butter).
- 4. Ladle polenta into bowls and top with reserved pancetta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes