This recipe deserves five stars because of its flavor and simplicity. A good blue cheese is a must.
Polenta with Blue Cheese and Garlicky Chard
Photo: Miha Matei
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Other: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Sugars: 3g
- Fiber: 5g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1039mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems trimmed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (such as Gorgonzola; about 2 1/2 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the chard is tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Slowly whisk in the polenta. Cook, whisking constantly, until the polenta thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
Divide the polenta among bowls and top with the chard and blue cheese.
Tip: Make a double batch of polenta and reserve half in an oiled loaf pan for a quick side dish later in the week. Simply slice the polenta and crisp it by popping it in the broiler or pan-frying it.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes