Mushroom mixture a little to liquidy for me. Polenta was fabulous.
Polenta Triangles with Goat Cheese and Wild Mushrooms
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Protein: 20.2g
- Carbohydrate: 43.2g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 900mg
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Calcium: 361mg
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant dry polenta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (4-ounce) packages gourmet blend mushrooms (baby bella, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms), sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots (2 large)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Combine 1 1/2 cups broth and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Gradually add polenta, stirring with a whisk. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes or until very thick, stirring constantly. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Spoon polenta into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray, spreading evenly. Press plastic wrap onto surface of polenta; chill 2 hours or until firm.
- . Cut polenta into 4 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to form triangles.
- . Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of polenta triangles; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining polenta.
- . Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes or until golden brown. Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups broth, wine, and cornstarch; stir until well blended. Add broth mixture, thyme, and parsley to mushroom mixture; bring to a boil, and cook 7 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Spoon sauce over polenta; sprinkle with goat cheese. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This