More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 2 whole links hot Italian sausage
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms
- 8 (1/2 -inch-thick) slices polenta
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1. Remove casings from Italian sausage, and combine with bell pepper, corn, onion, and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, 7 minutes or until the sausage is crumbled and browned. Set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle one side of each polenta slice with thyme and ground pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Coat tops of slices with cooking spray; turn and cook 2 minutes or until browned.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup sausage mixture onto each serving plate; top with 2 polenta slices, thyme-side up.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 5g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This