- 1 (1/2-ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups chopped portobello mushroom caps (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups chopped shiitake mushroom caps (about 1/2 pound)
- 3 cups chopped button mushroom caps (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 (16-ounce) tubes polenta, each cut into 20 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- calories 301
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 10.1 g
- satfat 5.7 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 19.4 g
- carbohydrate 33.5 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 506 mg
- calcium 380 mg
How to Make It
Combine porcini and hot water in a small bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup mushroom liquid. Rinse and drain porcini; finely chop.
Preheat oven to 375°
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add the porcini, portobello, shiitake, and button mushrooms. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt; sauté 8 minutes.
Combine the reserved mushroom liquid, wine, tomato paste, rosemary, oregano, and tomatoes in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Combine 1 cup mozzarella, thyme, ricotta cheese, and egg whites in a bowl; set aside.
Arrange 15 polenta slices in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 2 1/2 cups mushroom mixture, 1 cup tomato sauce, and 1 1/4 cups ricotta mixture. Repeat layer with 15 polenta slices, remaining mushroom mixture, 1 cup tomato sauce, and the remaining ricotta mixture. Top with the remaining polenta slices and tomato sauce. Sprinkle the lasagna with 1 cup mozzarella. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.