polenta gratin with mushrooms and fontina cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) polenta or grits
- 4 cup(s) water
- 8 ounce(s) crimini mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounce(s) shitake mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 sprig(s) fresh rosemary
- 1/4 pound(s) fontina cheese sliced
- black olives
- heat oven to 350. Put the polenta in a 2 quart gratin dish and still in the water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bake for 45 minutes then stir in 2 tablespoons butter and return the polenta to the oven for 15 minutes
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook till the mushrooms give up their liquid about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and continue to cook till the mushrooms are dry.
- When the polenta is done taste and add more salt if necessary. Tear the soft fontina and spread over the top of the polenta scatter mushrooms over the top. Return polenta to the oven till cheese has melted and begins to brown about 5 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PamMeyer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note