I don't know if it's the recipe's fault or mine since I substituted with white cornmeal (it was all I had on hand), but when I put them in the oven they just bubbled and lost all shape. They took longer to cook, too. It seems like too much liquid...
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 41
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 205mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole grain yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Bring broth and oil to a boil in a small saucepan. Add cornmeal, stirring constantly with a whisk until cornmeal begins to absorb liquid (about 2 minutes). Reduce heat to low; cook 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Spoon cornmeal mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Using a spatula coated with cooking spray, spread into an even layer. Cool to room temperature; cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut polenta into 20 pieces. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This