The taste was very good, but the texture was too dense.
Notes: You can bake the cornbread 1 day before making the dressing; cool, wrap airtight, and store at room temperature.
This recipe goes with Cornbread-Chestnut Dressing
Yield: Makes 9 servings or 2 quarts 1/2-inch cubes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 6.4g
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 431mg
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- About 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) cooled melted butter or margarine
- 1. In a bowl, mix flour, polenta, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs to blend with buttermilk and 1/4 cup butter; pour into flour mixture. Stir batter until evenly moistened.
- 2. Scrape batter into a buttered 8-inch square pan and spread level.
- 3. Bake in a 400° oven until cornbread is browned, springs back when lightly pressed in the center, and begins to pull from pan sides, 20 to 25 minutes. Use hot or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads