Polenta Cake with Amaretto Oranges
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 53.5g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 244mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups instant polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Cooking spray
- 2 large navel oranges (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place toasted almonds in a food processor, and process until ground; set aside.
- 3. Place 1 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon rind and juice.
- 4. Combine ground almonds, polenta, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add egg mixture, and stir until well blended. Pour batter into an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 6. While cake cools, cut peel and pith away from oranges using a sharp knife. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch slices; cut each slice into quarters. Combine oranges, amaretto, and 1 tablespoon sugar, stirring gently until sugar dissolves.
- 7. Cut cake into 8 wedges. Spoon oranges and syrup over cake.
- Note: Substitute 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, and 1 tablespoon sugar for the amaretto, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts