Nice change from regular tomato soup. It went well with kale and caramelized onion grilled cheese sandwiches. I didn't peel any of the veggies. I used a stick blender and it worked perfectly. I forgot the red bell pepper so I used one from a jar. I enjoyed it more the second day. The lime and cilantro are a must!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 196mg
- 2 pounds tomatoes, halved
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 shallots, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 poblano pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 lime wedges
- Place a jelly-roll pan in oven. Preheat broiler to high. Combine tomatoes, garlic, shallots, red bell pepper, and poblano pepper in a bowl. Add canola oil; toss. Carefully arrange vegetables on preheated pan; broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place roasted vegetables in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Stir in chicken stock, salt, cumin, and coriander. Top with cilantro leaves; serve with lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note