My husband and I love these! We made them a few times with mango and loved them. We always use fresh mango because pre-chopped is hard to find at our store. One night I sliced into a sour mango (it was the best looking one at the supermarket) halfway through the recipe. In a pinch, I sautéed some canned pineapple chunks (drained, then sautéed in the same pan I used for the rest of the recipe) to stand in for the mango, and we both decided we actually like the pineapple better. So if you're in a bind during non-mango season, try canned pineapple - it sounds a little crazy, but it's really good!
Poblano, Mango, and Black Bean Quesadillas
The sweetness of the mango balances the snappiness of the chile. Top quesadillas with fat-free sour cream and salsa, and serve with spinach and carrot salad.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 quesadilla)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 54.5g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 753mg
- Calcium: 253mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups presliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup jarred sliced peeled mango (such as Del Monte SunFresh)
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled avocado
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, oregano, salt, pepper, and poblano, and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in mango and avocado.
- Place flour tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange about 3/4 cup bean mixture on half of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese over bean mixture, and fold tortilla in half. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray. Broil 3 minutes or until cheddar cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This