Poblano-cheddar stuffed portobello
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pinch(s) Love
- 2 poblano chiles
- 4 jumbo portobello mushrooms (about 6 ounces each), stemmed
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Roast the poblanos over the grill or under the broiler, turning, until blackened, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Peel, core and seed the poblanos then finely chop them.
- Brush the portobello mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil the mushrooms over high heat, turning, until softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate, stem side down; let drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the baby spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer the spinach to a sieve and press out the liquid. In a bowl, mix the spinach with the rice, cheese, cilantro and poblanos. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Season the mushroom caps with salt and pepper. Spoon the rice mixture into the mushrooms, mounding it slightly. Transfer the mushrooms to a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- MAKE AHEAD The cooked stuffed mushrooms can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature, cover and bake in a 325° oven for about 20 minutes, or until they are heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Poblano-cheddar stuffed portobello Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes