Poached Scallops with Leeks and Carrots
Photo: Marcus Nilsson
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Sugars: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 455mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into 4-inch sticks
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and leeks and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil.
Season the scallops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and place on top of the vegetables. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, until the scallops are opaque throughout, about 8 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
In a small bowl, combine the parsley, garlic, pine nuts, and the remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir into the vegetables and broth and serve with the scallops.
Shortcut: Instead of chopping the parsley, garlic, and pine nuts by hand, you can pulse them in a food processor with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes