Poached Scallops with Dried-Tomato Orzo
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 373
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 227mg
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 pound scallops (1 1/2 to 2 in. wide), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1/3 to 1/2 oz.) finely chopped dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound dried orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, bring broth and 2 cups water to a boil. Add scallops and simmer just until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer scallops to a bowl; keep warm.
- 2. Add tomatoes and orzo to pan. Stir often over high heat until most of the liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender to bite, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, mix oil, honey, vinegar, and thyme.
- 4. Return scallops (and any juice) to pan and stir gently just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5. Spoon orzo and scallops onto plates. Drizzle scallops equally with honey mixture. Season with pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes