- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 pound scallops (1 1/2 to 2 in. wide), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1/3 to 1/2 oz.) finely chopped dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound dried orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme
- Fresh-ground pepper
- calories 373
- caloriesfromfat 12 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 49 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 227 mg
- cholesterol 37 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, bring broth and 2 cups water to a boil. Add scallops and simmer just until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer scallops to a bowl; keep warm.
Add tomatoes and orzo to pan. Stir often over high heat until most of the liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender to bite, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix oil, honey, vinegar, and thyme.
Return scallops (and any juice) to pan and stir gently just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
Spoon orzo and scallops onto plates. Drizzle scallops equally with honey mixture. Season with pepper to taste.