The dill sauce was bitter and left an aftertaste. I would not make this again.
Poached Salmon Steaks with Yogurt-Dill Sauce
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 729mg
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- 4 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick (about 6 oz. each)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, onion and celery. Bring to a boil and cook about 2 minutes.
- 2. While broth is boiling, blend yogurt, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3. Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. Add to skillet with broth mixture; cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Poach until fish just starts to flake when prodded with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Lift salmon out of broth with tongs or a slotted spoon and serve warm with a generous dollop of dill sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This