Poached Pears with White Caramel Sauce
- 8 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 small firm pears, peeled and cored
- White Caramel Sauce
- Garnish: chocolate sauce, mint sprigs
- Bring 8 cups water and sugar to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add pears; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; uncover and let cool.
- Cover pears, and chill 8 hours, if desired.
- Drain pears, and cut into thin slices, keeping stems intact. Serve with White Caramel Sauce; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts