- 10 firm Bosc pears
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle cream sherry
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Garnish: 6-inch cinnamon sticks
- Peel pears, leaving stems intact. Cut a thin slice from bottom of each pear, allowing pears to stand.
- Combine sherry, honey, and cinnamon stick in a large Dutch oven. Add pears and water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 45 to 50 minutes, or until pears are tender. Remove pears from Dutch oven with a slotted spoon. Chill.
- Bring sherry mixture to a boil, and boil until mixture is reduced to 1 cup (about 20 minutes). Chill. Serve sauce with pears. Garnish each serving with a cinnamon stick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Poached Pears Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts