- 2 pounds skinned haddock fillets
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
How to Make It
Place fish in a well-greased large skillet. Pour milk over fish. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. Reserve milk in skillet.
Combine butter, flour, mustard, and pepper. Add to hot milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add egg, parsley, and salt, mixing well. Pour sauce over warm fish; sprinkle with paprika.