Poached Anjou Pears with pecan-crusted goat cheese
Community Recipe from
- 6 1/2 cup(s) Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh ginger sliced
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 cinnamon stick 3 inch
- 1 vanilla bean split and seeds scraped
- 1 teaspoon(s) black peppercorns
- 4 firm Anjou pears peeled, halved, cored
- 4 package(s) goat cheese softened
- 1 cup(s) pecans toasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) poached pear liquid
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh chives chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) EACH whole grain mustard and white wine vingegar
- Simmer wine, water, honey, ginger, anise, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and seeds, and peppercorns in a large pot over medium-low heat for 1 hours to reduce liquid to 4 1/2 cups.
- Add pears and simmer until fork-tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove from heat and rest pears in liquid until cool. Transfer pears to an air tight container; chill until ready to use. Reserve poaching liquid.
- Form cheese into two 8 inch logs, coat with pecans; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Whisk together oil, poached pear liquid, chives, mustard, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Top each pear half with goat cheese round.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Poached Anjou Pears with pecan-crusted goat cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads