- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh tarragon sprigs
- 4 (6-ounce) albacore tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby kale or arugula leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- calories 381
- fat 15.4 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 11 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 44 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 542 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Bring 4 cups water, wine, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and tarragon sprigs to a boil in a large saucepan. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add tuna, and poach for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Place tuna on a plate; chill.
Combine shallots, thyme, juice, and Dijon in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle in oil, stirring with a whisk. Place half of vinaigrette in a medium bowl.
Flake tuna into large chunks. Add tuna to medium bowl; toss very gently to coat. Place kale, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining ingredients in large bowl with remaining vinaigrette; toss. Divide salad among 4 plates; top with tuna.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.