The recipe was easy, but my plums were too sour.
Plums Poached in Sauternes and Vanilla
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 108
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Fat: 0.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 21.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 154mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 (6-inch) vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups Sauternes or other sweet white wine
- 4 large plums, halved and pitted (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 4 lime rind strips (optional)
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a saucepan, reserving bean for another use. Add Sauternes, and stir well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add plum halves, cut sides up, in a single layer in saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove plums from saucepan with a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring Sauternes mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 4 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat; stir in honey and lime juice.
- Place 2 plum halves into each of 4 dessert compotes; top each with about 1/4 cup Sauternes mixture and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Garnish with lime rind, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts