- 1 (6-inch) vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups Sauternes or other sweet white wine
- 4 large plums, halved and pitted (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 4 lime rind strips (optional)
- calories 108
- caloriesfromfat 5 %
- fat 0.6 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 21.6 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 0.1 mg
- sodium 154 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a saucepan, reserving bean for another use. Add Sauternes, and stir well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add plum halves, cut sides up, in a single layer in saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove plums from saucepan with a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm.
Bring Sauternes mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 4 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat; stir in honey and lime juice.
Place 2 plum halves into each of 4 dessert compotes; top each with about 1/4 cup Sauternes mixture and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Garnish with lime rind, if desired.