This sweet and juicy fruit is a great staple to mix with other purees when you start expanding baby's menu.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups or 6 (1/4-cup) servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
- 6 plums, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 1. Place plums in a vegetable steamer. Steam, covered, 7 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Place plums in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Kitchen Tip The riper the fruit, the less steaming time it takes to soften the flesh, so use the lower end of the cook time range.
- Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes