Plum Upside Down Cake
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 6 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup(s) apple sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 whole(s) plums thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a non-stick 9 inch springform pan or cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper. You may also wish to spray the parchment paper as well to prevent sticking.
- Thinly slice plums and arrange on the bottom of the pan. At this point, you may drizzle with additional honey, or sprinkle with cinnamon or sugar, if you desire (optional).
- In a large bowl, measure and whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and spices. Be sure to measure flour using the spoon and level technique.
- In another bowl, cream together softened cream cheese and brown sugar using an electric hand mixer until slightly fluffy, about 30 seconds. Add honey, apple sauce, eggs (one at a time), olive oil, and vanilla, one at a time, until well incorporated, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly. Using a spatula or spoon to mix, gently incorporate the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter over the plums, and cook for 45-50 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool partially (about 15 minutes) before loosening the sides using a sharp knife and removing the sides of the pan (if using a springform pan). Invert onto a serving plate, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing the pan and parchment paper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jessicaebacher and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note