More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.6g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 133mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced plums (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup diced pitted prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine vegetable oil and butter in a custard cup or small bowls.
- Combine 3 tablespoons brown sugar, breadcrumbs, and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Toss the plums, 1/4 cup brown sugar, prunes, and rind in a large bowl.
- Place 2 phyllo sheets on a large cutting board or work surface (cover the remaining dough to keep from drying), and lightly brush with oil mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons breadcrumb mixture. Repeat the layers with the remaining phyllo, oil mixture, and breadcrumb mixture, ending with phyllo. Lightly coat the top phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Ar-range plum mixture over phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Starting at short edge, roll up phyllo jelly-roll fashion. (Do not roll tightly, or the strudel may split.) Place the strudel, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spray strudel with cooking spray; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden. Cool for 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Cut with a serrated knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts