Plum Shortbread Tart from Southern Living
You can use plums, peaches or nectarines for this dessert.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds toasted
- 1 pinch(s) sea salt
- 1/3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 (large) egg yolk
- 6 (large) egg yolks
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch(s) sea salt
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest loosely packed
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) amaretto liqueur
- 4 plums thinly slices
- 1 tablespoon(s) warmed apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse 3/4 cup flour, toasted almonds & pinch of salt in a food processor 3 times or until combined. In separate mixing bowl combine powdered sugar & 1/4 cup butter & beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 5 minutes or until pale & fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture & 1 large egg yolk, beating at low speed until a dough forms. Press dough into a lightly greased 13x4 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Chill 10 minutes. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Whisk 6 large egg yolks together with 1/2 cup sugar, 6 tbsp. flour & a pinch of salt. Combine milk and lemon zest in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until it begins to steam. Whisk in the sugar mixture, whisking constantly, just until bubbles appear. Gradually stir one-fourth of hot milk mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot milk mixture, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a low boil over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in 2 tbsp. butter and amaretto. Transfer to a bowl; place plastic wrap directly onto custard. Cool 1 hour. Spread onto crust; top with 4 thinly sliced plums. Brush with warm apricot preserves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Plum Shortbread Tart from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts