Greengage Plum Salad with Mint and Pistachios
Few farmers in the West grow greengages, but if you get them, celebrate their honey-sweet flavor in this salad. White peaches make an excellent substitute.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 344
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 395mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 3 tablespoons clover honey
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 ounces teleme cheese or fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 pound firm-ripe greengage plums or small to medium peeled white peaches
- 1 1/2 qts. lightly packed small lettuces such as baby romaine, or torn pieces
- 10 large fresh mint leaves, slivered
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped salted roasted pistachios
- 1. Whisk honey, vinegar, oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a small bowl.
- 2. Set cheese pieces slightly apart in a wide, shallow bowl and drizzle with about 1 1/2 tbsp. dressing. Pit fruit and cut plums in half or peaches in quarters; put in a bowl and gently mix with 1 tbsp. dressing. In a large bowl, toss lettuces with dressing to coat.
- 3. Divide lettuces among 4 plates. Tuck in cheese, then arrange fruit on top. Scatter mint and pistachios over salads and serve extra dressing on the side. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note