I'm British and these ROCK! My second year of making them, for gifts. YUMMY!
Plum Pudding Tartlets
With its dense, spicy filling, this is a twist on a traditional British holiday dessert.
Yield: 2 dozen (serving size: 1 tartlet)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 46mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground cloves
- 1/2 pound pitted dried plums, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until plums are tender and liquid is almost absorbed. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk. Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 4 minutes). Add egg; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Divide dough into 24 portions. Roll each portion into a 2-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place 1 dough portion into a miniature muffin cup coated with cooking spray. Spoon about 1 tablespoon plum mixture into muffin cup. Repeat procedure with remaining dough balls and plum mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Run a knife around outside edge of each tartlet; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Plum Pudding Tartlets Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Pies/Pastries
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American, British/Irish
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Winter, Christmas, Thanksgiving
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes for Desserts