- 1 (16-ounce) package dark brown sugar
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (10-ounce) package currants
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 (2-ounce) packages slivered almonds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound beef suet, ground
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Plum Pudding Sauce
- Combine brown sugar, breadcrumbs, soda, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Set aside.
- Dredge currants, raisins, and almonds in flour, stirring to coat well. Add to sugar mixture, mixing well. Add beef suet, milk, and egg, stirring until well blended.
- Pour mixture evenly into 2 greased 1-pound coffee cans. Cover top of each can with a damp cotton towel, and tie securely with string. Place cans on a rack in a large stockpot; add water to come halfway up sides of cans. Cover stockpot; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer 3 hours.
- Remove cans from stockpot; remove towels to allow steam to escape. Cool s lightly. Loosen pudding from sides of each can, and invert onto a serving platter. Slice and serve with Plum Pudding Sauce or Hard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This