- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups currants
- 3/4 cup finely chopped citron
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grape juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup finely chopped beef suet
- Sherried Hard Sauce
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in raisins, currants, citron, and almonds; mix well.
- Combine eggs, grape juice, and lemon juice. Add to dry mixture; stir in suet. Spoon mixture into a well-greased 2-quart pudding mold; cover tightly.
- Place mold on rack in a large deep kettle with enough boiling water to come halfway up mold. Cover kettle; steam pudding 3 hours in boiling water, replacing water as needed. Unmold and serve hot with Sherried Hard Sauce. Refrigerate leftover pudding.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards