- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups currants
- 3/4 cup finely chopped citron
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grape juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup finely chopped beef suet
- Sherried Hard Sauce
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in raisins, currants, citron, and almonds; mix well.
Combine eggs, grape juice, and lemon juice. Add to dry mixture; stir in suet. Spoon mixture into a well-greased 2-quart pudding mold; cover tightly.
Place mold on rack in a large deep kettle with enough boiling water to come halfway up mold. Cover kettle; steam pudding 3 hours in boiling water, replacing water as needed. Unmold and serve hot with Sherried Hard Sauce. Refrigerate leftover pudding.