Plum Ice Cream
- 3 cups diced purple or black plums (about 6 plums)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Cook plums and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes or until plums are tender and sugar is dissolved.
- Process plum mixture in a food processor until smooth; strain and discard skins.
- Stir together plum puree and whipping cream in container of a 2- or 4- quart electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand 1 hour before serving. Serve with almonds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This