Offer Bratwurst, Bockwurst, and weisswurst with fresh chicken or spicy pork sausage.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 3/4 cup plum preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted fresh sausages
- 1. Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Cook first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often, 5 minutes; reserve half of mixture.
- 2. Grill sausages, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining half of plum mixture during last 5 minutes of grilling. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Serve with reserved plum mixture.
Start with an Oktoberfest- or Märzen-style beer, each a delicious complement to the sausage board.
Try Bob's '47 Oktoberfest, Boulevard Brewing Co. (Missouri) or Clawhammer Oktoberfest, Highland Brewing Company (North Carolina)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note