good flavor to the crumble, I made in one large pan and baked for 55 mins at 375
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Whether prepared as one large cobbler or in individual ramekins, you're sure to love the unique filling of plums, ginger, and lemon juice. Each serving weighs in right under 300 calories.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 5 pounds plums, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6.75 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) plus 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 6 ounces chilled 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons flour; toss. Arrange mixture in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon 6.75 ounces flour (about 1 1/2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and baking powder in a food processor; pulse 3 times. Add butter, rind, and cheese; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk; pulse until blended.
- 4. Drop dough by spoonfuls over plum mixture; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts