- 5 pounds plums, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6.75 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) plus 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 6 ounces chilled 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- calories 293
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 52 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 169 mg
- calcium 45 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons flour; toss. Arrange mixture in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Weigh or lightly spoon 75 ounces flour (about 1 1/2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and baking powder in a food processor; pulse 3 times. Add butter, rind, and cheese; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk; pulse until blended.
Drop dough by spoonfuls over plum mixture; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until golden.