- 1/2 pound firm-ripe red-skin plums
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- calories 19
- caloriesfromfat 4.7 %
- protein 0.5 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 4.2 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- sodium 34 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Rinse plums and tomatoes. Pit plums and cut into chunks. Core tomatoes and cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, purée plums, tomatoes, and ginger.
In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, combine purée, onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, and broth. Stir often until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, 15 to 18 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.