This is my version of a Plum and Cherry Tart. Was pretty good.
Plum and Cherry Tart
A rather easy fruit tart - using a combination of ideas and techniques from the Pioneer Woman Quick & Easy Apple Tart and the Puff Pastry Tart by Kelsey Nixon of the Cooking Channel. Could add cinnamon or other spices. I didn't but it would have probably been lovely. :) This photo was taken just before putting in the oven.
Yield: 15 servings ( Serving Size: 1 slice )
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) Puff pastry from freezer section. Cut the two sheets in half to create 4 sheets total (refreeze one
- 3 Plums (any kind will probably do), thinly sliced into wedges
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Cherries (the tart/pie variety), pitted
- 1/3 stick(s) Butter, melted
- 1/2-3/4 cup(s) Apricot preserves, heated to liquid
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Defrost pastry enough to roll out and divide and place on silicone mat, or use cooking spray, on a cookie sheet. Put extra dough back in freezer for another use. Prick 1/2 inch border all around each sheet of dough and then down the center of each.
- 3. Brush melted butter down center of each sheet.
- 4. Lay sliced plums down center of each sheet; line cherries on either side of plums and sprinkle any extras over the plums.
- 5. Spoon melted apricot preserves over the fruit.
- 6. Bake for 20 minutes or until dough turns golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Elsiekay and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes