Yield: Makes 8 or 9 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 321
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 6.2g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 121mg
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- 3 firm-ripe red-skin plums (about 2 in. wide; 3/4 lb. total)
- About 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
- About 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces (3/4 cup) almond paste
- 2 large eggs
- Powdered sugar
- 1. Rinse plums, pit, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 2. Butter and flour a 10-inch cake pan that has a removable rim.
- 3. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar, and almond paste. With a mixer at high speed, beat until mixture is blended, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until fluffy, 2 or 3 minutes. Add 1 cup flour, stir to mix, then beat until well blended.
- 4. Scrape batter into cake pan. Arrange plum slices evenly on batter.
- 5. Bake in a 350° oven until cake just begins to pull from pan sides and is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- 6. Cool in pan at least 10 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim; remove rim. Dust cake with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts