- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16-oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 (1 1/4-oz.) bags corn chips
- Garnishes: chopped onion, shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream
How to Make It
Cook ground beef and next 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in diced tomatoes with green chiles and next 9 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour and 45 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Add kidney beans and black beans; cover and cook 15 minutes.
Cut corn chip bags open at one long side. Spoon 1/2 cup chili on chips in each bag. Garnish, if desired.
Note: Chili may be frozen in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 3 months. For testing purposes only, we used Fritos Brand Original Corn Chips.