- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- Combine sugar, sour cream, syrup, and salt in a medium size heavy saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cover and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234°).
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is creamy and begins to thicken. Stir in pecans. Quickly drop candy by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; let cool. Remove from waxed paper, and store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note